Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Poll Result

Thank-you for voting.
Result of the poll on the fate of my 800 shares of Citi stock is out. MsDeem, the financial guru's analysis is as follows:
1. Nobody voted to sell the stock. That means, everybody is still bullish on the market-perpetual optimism. Either that or they think the stock certificate will make great wallpaper when the stock finally becomes penny stock. Another scenario is nobody wants to advise someone (even incognito) to end a relationship, after all, it could be sentimental.
2. 36% voted to hold the stock. Of course, not doing anything is easier than picking a course of action whose outcome is totally unpredictable. How much does it worth now? $1.20 a share? Why waste energy? With the Fed as a major shareholder, Citi should not fold, right?
3. 1 brave soul voted to buy more shares. Come out and tell me who you are! Sorry, you may be right. The stock is so dirt cheap, it's easy to become an influential voting shareholder. Along with the Fed's bailout, maybe Citi will be steered to a glorious future ..... the dream continues ...
4. The majority, 54%, voted to turn off the TV and pretend nothing has happened. Why, I've been doing just that for over 2 years already. Seems pretty therapeutic. Works all the time, that ostrich mentality and self-denial attitude.
In summary, thanks to the poll, I will continue that no TV approach. I did not see the Dow dropping below 7000 on Monday or it continued its slide on Tuesday. Nope, it didn't happen.
This equity evaporation business is too heavy to handle. How can anyone make light of it, except maybe lighten it up with ... a match?

6 comments:

  1. This recession is truly deep....but fear not, what comes down must go up. So hang in there...Guess now you know how I voted ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mums, I need you to explain this all to me when I come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't blame on me for not telling you when the stock double, triple, ... in the future. You could be the millionaire or billionaire if you have bought more. agh.
    BTW, I was not the one who vote for "buy more".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puzzled, what comes down must go up? Anti-Newton??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, when you become the next Warren Buffet, can I live off of you?

    ReplyDelete