Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Thinker

Don't even start! No, that's not my self portrait! I don't get that serious. If I sat like that for any period of time, I would become petrified, marblelized or oxidized. But I have to admit that I do random ponderings quite a bit.
Like yesterday I drove to Disneyland during rush hour to pick up Buddy Girl2. Of all the zillions (how many zeros..ponder, ponder) ways to get there, I had to take the one that was most congested. After being on the freeway for an hour, I moved probably a few miles. It became apparent that I was not going anywhere fast. I was totally stressed out!
What to do? Thinking... (1) stay on the freeway and run the A/C to the ground (2) go home and wait out the traffic, that will give me a chance to use the restroom or (3) get out of this freeway and try a completely different route and run the risk of hitting another jammed freeway.
Thinking...so what do people do in times of stress? For me, the best way to decompress is to engage in something totally different. Dealing with it by not dealing with it. Make perfect sense to me.
How do you deal with stress?

(By the way, I took option 3 and arrived Disneyland in just another hour-not bad.)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking us up!! Good choice too! Hmmm, usually when I'm stressed it's school related so I deal with it by working through it then rewarding myself with TV SHOWS!! hahaa nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic, that is my portrait. Look at the ear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.... i see! the artist did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Fat, I think the hair also has some resemblence too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the ultimate stress reliever is a nap. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping is a better choice. Not just to make your feel good, but also helps to promote economy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a reminder......Twin#1 and Twin#2 will have finals next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ew finals! I have a Physics quiz next Friday.. and we just had the first class yesterday! Good luck on them!

    Power naps are nice and I agree with Jo too - retail therapy!! and niice portrait Ah Fat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Ma, the twins are learning stuffs from this blog. Their writing has greatly improved, I can attest to that.

    ReplyDelete