
Personally, I don't think the mad dash to the finish line is happening. Maybe another extension this year!
There is this guy, G. Finley, who helps me in the backyard. When he sends me a bill each month, he puts in some quotes at the bottom of his bills. I can't say that I look forward to his bills, but it seems to make them less annoying. I'd say some of the quotes he chose are sometimes funny, sometimes a source of inspiration and well, sometimes, whatever...
This month, being tax month, he made the following quotes that I would like to share its entirety with you.
To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson
Talk is cheap ... except when Congress does it. - Anonymous
The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. - Mark Twain
I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. - Will Rogers
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. - Ronald Reagan
(By the way, a taxidermist is a craftsman who stuffs and mounts the skin of animals for display, I had to look it up too.)
Yes, Talk is cheap ... except when Congress does it ... ... or when lawyers do them : ) hear hear
ReplyDeleteGovernment's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it......If it goes into reverse, print more money.
ReplyDeleteI think both of you are right.
ReplyDeletePuzzled, when they try to regulate executive pay, I hope with the same brush they will regulate lawyers' fee and outrages damages too.
Ah Fat, printing money (trillions, 12 zeros) is the easy part. What happens next? Inflation? Big government?
Helpers in California are well-educated. The 'quote' I usually get here are more simple and straight forward....."PAST DUE".
ReplyDeleteAh Fat, I get it now. LOL.
ReplyDelete