Friday, April 3, 2009

1040


So what does any procrastinator who still holds a job do between April Fools' Day and April Fooled Day? The only answer is: mad dash to the April 15 tax date finish line! (Actually, procrastinators only think of dashing to the finish line.)
For those lucky ones who have not seen a form 1040 (see picture) yet, it is the Federal form for filing your income tax. Believe me, once you started using one, it plagues you every year. And you wish you could delete the day you first met.
Anyway, the easy part of course is the digging up of receipts, w-2, 1099s, brokerage statements, bank records etc. I find the process of organizing rather therapeutic. Any records that has nothing to do with taxes can be thrown away, and any that does has to be retrieved, copied and stapled together. It's like everything that has happened the past year is waiting for this day when it can now be packaged and summarized in the tax returns. Once the tax returns are filed, I can finally say goodbye to 2008!
Now that was the easy part. The hardest part is looking for the $$ to pay the taxes. Where is all the money that I have reportedly made last year? Where can they be hiding?

3 comments:

  1. it's here!! I've been hiding it! hahaha late April Fool's! ;D good job mums, you're very good at organizing! ttyls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yes I am lucky enough not to have seen that form before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you have been depositing your money into Bank Joanne and Bank Jen. Unluckly, those are term deposits. You have to wait for them to 'mature' before you can make any withdrawal. I know. I have 2 banks also.

    ReplyDelete