
I have mixed feelings after I read the story about the gift that Warren Buffet (billionaire investor) gave to his son, Peter Buffet.
Peter B said the biggest gift from his dad was lessons on rewards of self-respect and pursuing one's own passion and achievement rather than buying into society's concept of material wealth. Warren B claims that people born with a silver spoon in their month is more like a silver dagger in their back which leads to a sense of entitlement and a lack of personal achievement.
I agree there sure is some truth in children being spoiled by their wealthy parents. Nothing dampens the motivation to succeed like the total lack of necessity to succeed, if success is only measured by $$$.
But Dad, talk is cheap!
I agree with teaching kids in self reliance and self achievement. However there is nothing wrong with being proveleged as long as you don't abuse that privelege.
ReplyDeleteInteresting
ReplyDelete