Friday, May 7, 2010

Fat Finger?


Did anyone blink yesterday? I went on an errand around noon time and was on my way to lunch when I heard on the radio that Dow plunged almost 1000 points and recovered over 500 points within half an hour.

My first reaction was I heard him wrong, the announcer really meant 100 points. Then it sank in and my jaws dropped. What? Before I left for my errand Dow was only down like 200 points.

Of course I know that investors were worried about the dire situation in Greece, but 1000 points? Lunch was a nonevent. I rushed home to find out the details of the situation.

Turned out that the sudden collapse of the Dow was the result of a 'fat finger'. What 'fat finger'?

Ok, whose finger does it belong it? C'mon out, you cannot hide. The Feds will be on your case before long.

Now, I just have one question to ask - can you please do it again? I want to buy some iApples at $200.

4 comments:

  1. Hi MS, you are so funny. I chuckled at "Lunch was a nonevent" and "iApples."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The market is so volatile - iapple at 200 may be a steal. May be not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't know much about stock market :(( but I would like an iApple thank you!

    ReplyDelete