I bought a random butternut squash from Whole Foods last week. Every time I looked at it, it seemed to be saying to me 'let's do something together'. So this morning, I took some stuffs I have in my kitchen -onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth and made butternut squash soup. I won't bore you with how to make the soup, it's pretty simple. But there are pointers which can be helpful.
1. Presentation is everything. Place a droplet of whipped cream (or frothed milk in my case) or some EVOO (not peanut or corn oil - the purpose is not to make it oily, but to dress up theLOOK) then a dash of nutmeg or cocoa powder or cinnamon on the cream (no saw-dust, for those who are exceedingly creative).
2. Go green. A live green on a plate makes the food look wholesome, so place a twig of chive, or whatever you can find in your yard on the soup. Don't use mint or basil, they might be too strong. (And weeds is out of the question!)
3. If serving in a dinner party, always serve small portions. Your guests should either did not have enough to dislike it or wished they could have more.
Well, I have to say the soup tasted pretty awesome. Wanna try? Go to http//:justkidding.com. If you fell for the last one, then well ... I have a condo in Dubai ...
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi MD,
ReplyDeleteI had the honor of trying your butternut squash soup, and I must say that it was VERY tasty and well presented! Thanks for the pointers! Can you make s'more (some more) soon? :)
http://www.notkidding.com!